Startek, a leading global business process outsourcing company, has launched a work-from-home program for its employees. As a response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this new option allows employees to work remotely while continuing to meet clients’ needs. The program includes the necessary technology and infrastructure to ensure that employees can work effectively from home. Startek also monitors the performance of its employees to ensure that targets are met, regular breaks are taken, and communication is maintained with managers.
Investment in the necessary technology and infrastructure
- Startek provides employees with laptops and internet access to ensure that they can work remotely effectively.
- Employees are also given virtual private networks and other tools to secure and improve their remote working experience.
- The company’s investment in technology has made the work-from-home program feasible, enabling staff who work from home to process client requests effectively.
What tools and resources does Startek provide to ensure a secure and effective remote working experience for employees?
Startek provides various tools and resources for secure and effective remote working experience for employees. These include VPN, two-factor authentication, secure video conferencing, software updates, cybersecurity training sessions, and access to an IT helpdesk for technical support.
Performance monitoring measures for employees
- Startek has developed measures for monitoring the performance of its employees who work from home, such as target management and communication monitoring.
- Managers are given the task of providing regular feedback and reporting on employee performance, which helps identify areas where employee’s performance may be improved.
- Coaching sessions and training sessions conducted remotely ensure that employees remain productive and can achieve their targets set for them.
|Staff are issued with work targets, and their performance is evaluated against how well they attain them.
|Communication channels are established, such as emails and instant messaging tools, which are monitored to provide employees with real-time feedback.
|One-on-one coaching with a manager or team lead where employees can receive feedback on their performance and questions on areas where improvements could be made.
|Staff members receive training to sharpen specific skills and improve productivity levels to ensure that they work efficiently.
How do remote coaching and training sessions help in improving employee performance?
Remote coaching and training sessions help in improving employee performance by providing access to personalized learning opportunities. These sessions help employees to improve their skills, increase their knowledge and adopt new behaviors without leaving the workplace. They can also offer a high degree of flexibility, allowing employees to participate regardless of their location or time zone. This can ultimately lead to a more motivated, engaged and skilled workforce.
Startek’s Investment in Technology and Infrastructure
- Startek has provided its work-from-home employees with the necessary technology and infrastructure to work efficiently.
- The company has provided employees with laptops and internet connectivity, to allow them to access their work remotely from their homes.
- Startek has also provided the necessary tools for remote access, such as virtual private networks (VPNs), which enable staff working remotely to access the company’s internal network securely.
- Startek has made provisions for staff to participate in video conferencing, as it enables real-time communication between staff and clients. With video conferencing in place, staff can attend numerous meetings right from their homes without going to the office in person.
- The company continues to invest in the best technologies to ensure that its employees can work uninterrupted and achieve high productivity levels while working remotely.
What technology and infrastructure has Startek provided for its work-from-home employees?
Startek has provided its work-from-home employees with the necessary virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and secure remote access technology to enable them to work efficiently and securely from their home offices.
Implications of Startek’s Work-from-Home Program
Startek’s move to adopt a work-from-home program is a significant milestone for the outsourcing industry, and it has broad implications. By allowing its employees to work remotely, Startek has increased their job satisfaction and helped them achieve work-life balance. It also has environmental benefits by reducing traffic congestion and pollution from staff commuting to work.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, many industries are re-evaluating how they operate and exploring remote work options. Startek’s work-from-home program is likely to set the standard for other companies in the outsourcing industry, and companies in different sectors may follow suit.
Finally, Startek’s program also undermines the notion that remote work undermines productivity. The program ensures that employees have the tools, technologies, and support to work efficiently, even from their homes’ comfort.
In conclusion, Startek’s work-from-home program is a win-win for both employees and the company. It has opened new possibilities for organizations and employees to work more flexibly, while also reducing the environmental impact of commuting to work. We will likely observe more companies adopt similar work-from-home models, which will undoubtedly alter traditional working practices.